The first official NFL games were played on October 3, 1920. Historians believe the first NFL game ever was between the Dayton Triangles and the Columbus Panhandles. However, some believe it’s possible a game between the Rock Island Independents, and this week’s team the Muncie Flyers, could have been the first game. No matter which game was first, I’m sure the Muncie Flyers would like to forget the game because they lost 45 – 0 in their first-ever game. This episode chronicles the beginnings of the team. So strap on your seat belt, and let’s get this baby up to 88MPH.
- Visit the show notes for this episode
- Visit me on the web – my about page
- Contact the show
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe for free to the podcast
- Subscribe for free on YouTube
Are you interested in sharing your favorite football moment on the show?Â This is your chance to share your story with all my listeners.
Note – The article below covers the topic of this week’s episode in detail.Â There are many links throughout the article to enhance your learning of the history of the NFL.Â A few of these may be Amazon links.Â As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.Â Keep scrolling to get to the article.
ARTICLE GOES HERE
Resources Used For Research
- Pro Football Hall of Fame – The Founding of the NFL
- NFL – Original Towns
- NFL History by Decade | 1869 – 1910
- NFL Standings – 1920
- Indy Star – Muncie Flyers
- Pro Football Researchers Association – Muncie Flyers
- Indiana Public Radio: Muncie’s Fleeting NFL Team
- History.com – History of Halloween
- History.com – Hannibal
- Ball Company History & Timeline